Youth Civic Engagement Award
YOUTH CIVIC ENGAGEMENT AWARD
Congresswoman Malliotakis’ office is looking for young adults who have gone above and beyond for the New York City community. Do you know someone who is always going out of their way helping others? If so, nominate them for New York’s 11th District Youth Civic Engagement Award!
RULES AND GUIDELINES
- Nominees must be high school students that reside in New York’s 11th Congressional District and be able to demonstrate extraordinary civic engagement. We will be picking winners from both Staten Island and Southern Brooklyn.
- Award winners will receive a Congressional Certificate of Achievement from Representative Malliotakis at a Ceremony in Summer 2021, as well as a letter of general introduction on official letterhead signed by the Congresswoman which can be used for college applications.
- Deadline to submit: Friday, June 18, 2021
EXAMPLES OF SERVICE VS EXTRAORDINARY CIVIC ENGAGEMENT
- Shoveling a neighbor’s driveway once VS Shoveling a neighbor’s driveway after every 2020-2021 snowstorm.
- Volunteering to clean a NYC park for a few hours VS Organizing a large NYC community cleaning event.
- Donating money to charity for youth cancer treatment VS Organizing a swab event for potential bone marrow donors.
Any questions regarding whether a certain activity is deemed acceptable for the Civic Award, contact Lily Zafaranloo at 718-568-2870 OR Lily.Zafaranloo@mail.house.gov
To nominate an individual for the Award, please complete the online form below. We look forward to reviewing your nomination, and we will be in touch if we have any questions about your submission.